It’s a new day, a new month and a new year, a new chapter!
The canvas is clean, and you can paint anything you want on it this year.
With it comes the tradition of making resolutions, which are usually promises to do something “more, better, or different.”
We promise to eat better, exercise more, get a new job, meditate regularly, fall in love, or find a different way to handle our time and stress. But does this really do us any good?
Most of us start the New Year with the greatest of intentions, yet by March (or even by the second week in January) we may not find ourselves so committed anymore.
We go back to old habits and are frustrated for not sticking to our resolutions, feeling stuck & overwhelmed, with no motivation.
I would love to support you in making 2016 your best year yet and to share with you how to stop overwhelm in your life and find the time to really live your dreams.
Time is the container in which you create your intentions, your ideas, your dreams. It is your most valuable asset. So, if you care about how much love, connection, joy and freedom you have or don’t have and want more, the first thing you’ve got to master is your time.
Scheduling is everything, if it is not scheduled it is not real.
Everything requires time… You have been giving the precious gift. How you use every second determines how you use every minute, every hour, every day, every year of your life.
The consequences for NOT setting proper boundaries with your time can create a sense of overwhelm, always giving to other people, thinking that everybody else is more important then you…your over-promise, you over-commit and your over-schedule…(Read more on what is costs you when you don’t create boundaries here)
So: How to take care your calendar and life back?
- Clear your calendar
- List YOUR priorities:
- SLEEP at least 8 hours a day. Schedule your sleep…your evening time. The quality of your evening determines the quality of your morning.
- Schedule your EXERCISE. Commit to it. Minimum 10-15 min a day…the more you move, the more your body wants to move.
- PRAYER and MEDITATION: create that deeper connection to the higher power.
- Schedule time with your PARTNER and your children/FAMILY…don’t take the people in your life for granted.
- CREATIVE time (yes, everybody is creative!)…we are here to create. This is a time to do whatever make you happy in the moment: writing, dancing, painting… video-game
- Time for OTHERS /schedule everyone else in. You will see, there isn’t much leftJ
- Keep your commitment to yourself. Make it a HABIT.
- Go and say NO. Stick to it…
You will see it will set you up for inevitable success.
Commit to create your life in alignment with what you truly want to happen and focus. Clear yourself of any emotional, mental, physical, or interpersonal clutter so that 2016 will be your best year yet!